Say, "I LOVE MY FRIEND"

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I was researching for my EDB 010 (focusing on
 peer support) when I came across this saying:
If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, 
help someone else.
It says that this came from a sign posted in a volunteer center for the elderly.

What I noticed most about students from my school visit was the fact that they help out with their peers a lot. When looking into this matter, I discovered that not only Australia, but other western countries, encourage this.
I'm not saying we don't practice it, but I think it should be weaved into
 our practices spontaneously. Just a thought.
This reminds me of a hadith from Rasulullah SAW (I only know the Malay version): 
Dari Anas R.A meriwayatkan bhw Nabi saw bersabda: Tidak sempurna iman kamu sehingga kamu mencintai saudara kamu sebagaimana kamu mencintai diri kamu sendiri. (HR Bukhari)

So, go on! Let's help a friend today:)

3 comments:

nirzehrun May 8, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

nice quote there, poor helpless fella. ;)

daydreambeliever May 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

yay!u nak tlg i kemas bilik i kan???
finally!dpt jgk bg comment!

Sarah Yusof May 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

yeay! da blh comment! thanks for the effort poor helpless fella n fad:) loves.