Let us perform the solat:)

>> Saturday, February 20, 2010


In the name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalamu'alaikum readers. Long time no...write? Yeah, pretty much.
Just an update: am currently in Malaysia (and loving it!)

Ok, back to the blog entry.
So, got reconnected with my loved ones at home, especially the kids. Can't get enough babysitting, if you know what I mean;p I have five beautiful nieces and nephews. They're all special in their own way. But, this blog is partic
ularly about Myra (my first niece).

Myra is turning nine this May. Alhamdulillah, she is routinely praying. After every azan, she will already be ready on her prayer mat. My heart melts as I hear her recite the surahs of the Qur'an. When I say 'recite', I really mean the traditional amplified regurgitation as if done in choral:D So cute. I'll try to get a video up.


One thing's for sure, Myra puts all of her aunties to shame when she starts praying the second the azan stops. Whatever she's learning, I hope she keeps it up. InsyaAllah, she will be a great Muslim and contribute to the betterment of Islam. Amin.

However, there are problems with Myra's recitations. That's where we come in. It's our responsibility to fix any mispronounced words to avoid wrong meanings.

0 comments: