My Ustazah

>> Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In the name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful


Well, this blog is about a special teacher dear to my heart. She's no ordinary teacher. She taught me the Quran. 

Growing up outside Malaysia, I had several ustazahs (or female religious teachers)who taught me the Quran. However, because these ustazahs were students, they come and go. I remember beginning to learn the Qiraati (beginning level book before the Quran) until only like 30 pages with one ustazah and end up doing the same with another. I kept repeating the same recitations:( Even in Malaysia, I never really got a hold of reading consistently.

Till one day, I asked a God-sent sister if she could help me learn to recite the Quran. She was happy to do so. Masya-Allah, her devotion was great. She came almost everyday; before class, after class, even if she passed by or if she was tired. She came, rain or shine.

(read the article before moving on)


I've always wondered why I've never stuck with one ustazah, but it turned out Allah wanted to give me the best:) Alhamdulillah.

So, this is a special entry for my sister, my ukhti, my ustazah. May Allah bless you always.
Love you fillah Kak Lin:)