Sleeping disorder gone out of hand:(

>> Thursday, April 23, 2009

Today was a one of those days where you wish you could turn back time. I have two assignments due by the end of this week. I was supposed to get started on them  long time ago, but my procrastination made me do otherwise.

Like I said, I really regretted doing what I did this day: SLEEP! I know some of you may think: What's wrong with getting some shut-eye? Well, nothing, but when you shut your eyes for almost 12 hours of the day, that's when it's a PROBLEM! I couldn't get a wink of sleep the previous night, then I slept right after Fajr prayer. To add, I didn't get any work done, at all. I was seriously upset and disappointed with myself. To make things worse when I got up, I couldn't help but entertain my "mood of not wanting to do assignments." This led me to browsing the net (checking e-mails, Facebook-ing, etc.) which then led me to signing in my Yahoo Messenger!

That's when I saw it..a friend's status that hit me like the wave hitting the shore.  It was in Malay and said "Hidup ini mst bergerak, bkn diam dan bukannya beku, HIDUP ADALAH PERJUANGAN! Akan berjuangkah org yang duduk berpeluk tubuh? Hidup adalah menikmati kelazatan susah, bkn bersedap-sedap dgn tidur nyenyak" -YAQ) Reality check: I slept the whole day, waking up to regret but not doing anything about it. This is sad.
The Qur'an includes a few ayats mentioning time. But the most significant is that of Al-'Asr. It reads:
In the name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful. By Al-'Asr (the time). Verily, man is in loss. Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to perform all kinds of good deeds, and recommend one another to patience. [103:1-3]

Surely, I don't want to be among those who is in loss. So, use all the time we get so that we don't regret it later and be sure not to waste time because we won't get it back.

Note: The picture is of our housewarming gifts. I just wanted to include a picture of the clock (from the Scott residence).

0 comments: