Remember Him?

>> Thursday, December 18, 2008

In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Merciful


Today, I cleared my Bulk (aka Spam) mail. Yes, talk about having time on your hands. While reading a few, I came across an email from an adik, Nafisah, wishing me happy birthday. I know the time has passed but I was, and still am, touched by the words she had written. What I liked the most was the quote taken from the Quran in the last part of the email. It was:

"Say: Truely, my prayer, my service of sacrifice, my life, and my death are (all) for God, the Cherisher of the Worlds" [6:162]

I guess it's a do'a, and I think I'm right:D And it led me to thinking of what we do everyday. Is it all for Him? Do we intend it for Him? Do we remember Him when we do these things? If your answer is apart from 'Yes', 'Uh-huh' or a 'Yup,' you'd better think it through.

God is Almighty. Duh! Everyone knows that. So, you don't want to mess with Him. If He tells you to do something, you'd better do it. You don't wanna get on His bad side, trust me. Remember what happened to those before us? Stories from the Quran that tell us of the once-prosperous tribes of Samud and Ad. Their ungratefulness had led to their own destruction for Allah took them swiftly. Bare in mind that He gave you life, He can take it back as easily too.

This is just a reminder for everyone, including myself. So, let's all thank Nafisah. But most of all, thank God for inspiring her to send me the message in the first place. Let's face it, we're nothing without Him.

"And if Allah touches you with hurt, there is none who can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can keep back His favour; He brings it to whom He pleases of His servants; and He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [10:107]

0 comments: